The most up to date race date, registration, waitlist, and historical results can be found on Ultrasignup.com search for "O24"
2024 Race Date Confirmed! May 4/5th.
Registration will open on 12/2/2023.
Lake Metroparks Chapin Forest Reservation
A race for beginners and ultra veterans alike, the unique Outrun 24 Hour Trail Race is held in the Lake Metroparks Chapin Forest Reservation in Kirtland, OH approx. 30 mins East of Cleveland. With its distinctive rock formations and mature woodland trails, the park provides a scenic setting for the endurance run. Runners will follow a 1.00244mi USATF certified loop and may run any distance or time up to 24 hours. If you are looking for a great atmosphere to come out and test yourself, come and check it out!
The USATF certified (# OH11035MW) and IAU Bronze Labeled course is a 1.002445 mi loop on trails that consists primarily (93%) of crushed limestone, dirt, and a short bit (7%) of asphalt. The loop is rolling with one main hill. There is approximately 65 feet of elevation gain & loss per lap. Please see additional tabs for course photos, video, directions, and other information.
Friday, before the race at event location (4-7pm @ Chapin Forest Pine Lane Ski Lodge ). Saturday packet pickup and runner check-in starting 6:00am. (ALL RUNNERS MUST CHECK IN)
What do I get? Well, depends on what you do...
- All runners: Supported aid station (pending Covid guidelines)
- All runners: Electronic chip timing by MCM Timing (Mike Melton)
- All runners: unique race swag.
- Runners who complete 100 miles or more earn a sweet belt buckle.
- Runners less than 100miles earn a custom medal.
- Male & Female 1, 2, 3 custom awards.
- PROCEEDS Benefit Citizens of Lake County Metroparks.
- Timing will be provided by MCM Timing. All registered runners must wear bib numbers provided. Please be sure your race bib is visible. (ALL RUNNERS MUST CHECK IN)
- A monitor will be displayed to provide live results as you pass through the timing area.
- LIVE results will be available from MCM Timing to share with your friends and family.
Other info: (See FAQ's) NO ALCOHOL permitted in the park. Overnight parking and camping will be allowed as long as we follow all park rules.
Questions? Check out the FAQ section, join the discussion on Facebook, email the race director Zack, find nearby hotels (click bed icon below), get directions to the race (click map below)