2020 EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO THE PANDEMIC
If you are interested, feel free to sign up on the waitlist at Ultrasignup for the 2021 event.
Registered runners have been offered a 2 year deferral to 2021 or 2022. Please check your email for details.
Lake Metroparks Chapin Forest Reservation
A race for beginners and ultra veterans alike, the unique Outrun 24 Hour Trail Race is held in the Lake Metroparks Chapin Forest Reservation in Kirtland, OH approx. 30 mins East of Cleveland. With its distinctive rock formations and mature woodland trails, the park provides a scenic setting for the endurance run. Runners will follow a 1.00244mi USATF certified loop and may run any distance or time up to 24 hours. If you are looking for a great atmosphere to come out and test yourself, come and check it out!
The USATF certified (# OH11035MW) and IAU Bronze Labeled course is a 1.002445 mi loop on trails that consists primarily (93%) of crushed limestone, dirt, and a short bit (7%) of asphalt. The loop is rolling with one main hill. There is approximately 65 feet of elevation gain & loss per lap. Please see additional tabs for course photos, video, directions, and other information.
Friday, May the 4th (be with you) at race location (4-7pm @ Chapin Forest Pine Lane Ski Lodge ). Saturday packet pickup and runner check-in starting 6:00am. (ALL RUNNERS MUST CHECK IN)
What do I get? Well, depends on what you do...
- Includes catered post race breakfast by K Station Catering (menu on FAQ page)
- All runners: Well stocked & supported aid station (see FAQ’s for details)
- All runners: Electronic chip timing by MCM Timing (Mike Melton)
- All runners: gender specific shirt or other item. (Sizes guaranteed before March 15th).
- Runners who complete 50k (31mi) earn a 50k specific medal.
- Runners who complete 100k (62mi) earn a 100k specific medal.
- Runners who complete 100 miles or more earn a sweet belt buckle.
- AWARDS will be Sunday after the race.
- Male & Female 1, 2, 3 custom awards.
- Age Group AWARDS: Male & Female 1st in AG (<19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79)
- PROCEEDS Benefit Citizens of Lake County Metroparks.
- Timing will be provided by MCM Timing. All registered runners must wear bib numbers provided. Please be sure your race bib is visible. (ALL RUNNERS MUST CHECK IN)
- A monitor will be displayed to provide live results as you pass through the timing area.
- LIVE results will be available from the timer this year. Please see the MCM Timing website to share with your friends and family.
- We have a well stocked Aid Station. There are enclosed (heated) bathrooms (no showers) & a large fire pit also at the aid area. Runners may set up personal supplies/tents in designated areas but maintain 6-10 feet from course.
- Post race breakfast served at 8am (included in registration) Runners get priority but if there is surplus, crew, pacers, and friends are welcome ($12 each).
Questions? Check out the FAQ section, join the discussion on Facebook, email the race director Zack, find nearby hotels (click bed icon below), get directions to the race (click map below)