Saturday, April 27th- Sunday April 28th.
Starts @ 8:00 AM EST on Saturday.
Lake Metroparks Chapin Forest Reservation
10381 Hobart Road Kirtland, OH 44094
Description:The unique Outrun 24 Hour Trail Race is held in the Lake Metroparks Chapin Forest Reservation in Kirtland, OH approximately 30 mins east of Cleveland. With its distinctive rock formations and mature woodland trails, the park provides a scenic setting for the endurance run. Runners will follow a 1.00244mi USATF certified loop and may run any distance or time up to 24 hours. If you are looking for a great atmosphere to come out and test yourself, come and check it out!
Course: The USATF certified (# OH11035MW) and IAU Bronze Labeled course is a 1.002445 mi loop on trails that consists primarily (93%) of crushed limestone, dirt, and a short bit (7%) of asphalt. The loop is rolling with one main hill. There is approximately 65 feet of elevation gain & loss per lap. Please see the website for course photos, video, directions, and other information.Click HERE for a the 2012 video of the complete course (please be aware this is not a professional video!!).
- Individual - $100, $125 after March 15th.
- 4 person relay team - $360, $460 after March 15th (Save $10 per person).
- 6 person relay team - $540, $690 after March 15th (Save $10 per person).
- NEW for 2013: Post Race Breakfast ( Additional $11 payable through online registration). Crew, Family, & Friends are welcome!
What Do I get? Well, depends on what you do...
- All runners: Fully stocked aid station
- All runners: Electronic chip timing by Champ Racing.
- All runners: Brooks technical long sleeve race shirt. (Sizes guaranteed before March 25th).
- All runners: Post-race breakfast ($11 additional, family, crew & friends invited,too) by Chef Bill Bailey
- Runners who run at least 50k (31mi) earn a 50k specific medal.
- (new) Runners run at least 100k (62mi) earn a 100k specific medal.
- Runners who run 100 miles or more earn a quality buckle.
- AWARDS will be Sunday at 9am, sponsor product raffles will be held at various times throughout the race (must be present to win)
PROCEEDS Benefit Citizens of Lake County Metroparks.
Packet Pickup: Friday, April 26th at race location (4-7pm). Saturday packet pickup and runner check-in starting 6:30am.
Timing: Electronic chip timing will be provided by Champ Racing. All registered runners must wear bib numbers provided. We will be using an automatic electronic reader, but please be sure your race bib is visible.
Food/Water/Aid Station: for 2013, we will have a fully stocked Aid station with special thanks to Great Race Nutrition and Longo's Pizza. There are enclosed bathrooms (no showers) & a large fire pit also at the aid area. Runners may set up personal supplies/tents in designated areas. Post race breakfast served at 8am by Chef Bill Bailey (additional $11) Crew, family, & friends are welcome as well.
Other info: It is recommended that you wear a headlamp or use some sort of lighting system at night. The course will be marked at night with glow sticks or similar. NO ALCOHOL permitted in the park. Overnight parking and camping will be allowed as long as we follow all park rules.
Questions? Check out the FAQ section, join the discussion on Facebook, email the race director, find nearby hotels, follow on twitter, get directions to the race (click below)
2012 PRE-RACE VIDEO
2012 FINAL RESULTS