2014 Date & Time:
Start @ 8:00 AM EST on Saturday, April 26thFinish @ 8:00 AM on Sunday, April 27th
Lake Metroparks Chapin Forest Reservation
10381 Hobart Road Kirtland, OH 44094(41°35'22.5"N 81°22'13.6"W)
A race for beginners and ultra veterans alike, the unique Outrun 24 Hour Trail Race is held in the Lake Metroparks Chapin Forest Reservation in Kirtland, OH approx. 30 mins East of Cleveland. With its distinctive rock formations and mature woodland trails, the park provides a scenic setting for the endurance run. Runners will follow a 1.00244mi USATF certified loop and may run any distance or time up to 24 hours. If you are looking for a great atmosphere to come out and test yourself, come and check it out!
The USATF certified (# OH11035MW) and IAU Bronze Labeled course is a 1.002445 mi loop on trails that consists primarily (93%) of crushed limestone, dirt, and a short bit (7%) of asphalt. The loop is rolling with one main hill. There is approximately 65 feet of elevation gain & loss per lap. Please see additional tabs for course photos, video, directions, and other information.
Friday, April 25th at race location (4-7pm @ Chapin Forest Pine Lane Ski Lodge ). Saturday packet pickup and runner check-in starting 6:00am. (ALL RUNNERS MUST CHECK IN)
- Individual - $100, $125 after March 15th.
- Playing with Knives & Fire Post-Race Breakfast Meal (additional $12 each).
- All runners: Fully stocked aid station (see FAQ’s for details)
- All runners: Electronic chip timing by Champ Racing.
- All runners: gender specific Mountain Hardwear Wicked Lite SS shirt. (Sizes guaranteed before March 15th).
- Runners who complete 50k (31mi) earn a 50k specific medal.
- Runners who complete 100k (62mi) earn a 100k specific medal.
- Runners who complete 100 miles or more earn a sweet belt buckle.
- AWARDS will be Sunday after the race.
- Male & Female 1, 2, 3 custom awards.
- NEW for 2014 Age Group AWARDS: Male & Female 1st in AG (<19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79)
- RAFFLES: we have a lot of great race swag from our sponsors which will be raffled off at various times throughout the race (must be present to win)
- PROCEEDS Benefit Citizens of Lake County Metroparks.
- Electronic chip timing will be provided by Champ Racing. All registered runners must wear bib numbers provided. We will be using an automatic electronic reader, but please be sure your race bib is visible. (ALL RUNNERS MUST CHECK IN AND PICKUP TIMING CHIP)
- We have an amply stocked Aid station. There are enclosed (heated) bathrooms (no showers) & a large fire pit also at the aid area. Runners may set up personal supplies/tents in designated areas.
- Post race breakfast served at 8am by Chef Bill Bailey (additional $12) Runners get priority, but Crew, family, & friends are welcome as well.
Questions? Check out the FAQ section, join the discussion on Facebook, email the race director Zack, find nearby hotels (click bed icon below), get directions to the race (click map below)